Timer On A Stick
This is my first app for Palm webOS, the operating system that powers the Palm Pre and other future devices.
It is a very simple countdown timer.
You may specify any amount of time from 1 second to 99 hours, 59 minutes, and 59 seconds.
NOTE: The following instructions will not work in WebOS 1.0.4.
Presently, Palm is not allowing people to upload applications to the App Catalog. Also, I do not have SDK access. Here's how you install this:
- Email yourself a link to the .ipk package. Do not include the package as an attachment. You can do this by clicking here.
- Open the email on your Pre; click the link. Wait a few seconds. You will not get feedback that the package has been installed, but it will be installed.
- Go to the first page of your launcher. The new application will appear at the bottom.
- Optional: rock out.
Timer stops running when the screen turns off. Timer starts running again when the screen is turned back on. Perhaps I should use something other than window.setInterval.
After you start a timer, do not close the app, or the timer will stop running and you will not be alerted.
- Customizable sounds.
- Support for multiple simultaneous timers.
- Run as a background app.
- The application presently has no icon. A moon should show up on the launcher as a default. Create one.
Please send it to me
Copyright (c) 2009 Darren Embry.
Permission to use, copy, modify, distribute, and sell this software and its documentation for any purpose is hereby granted without fee, provided that the above copyright notice appear in all copies and that both that copyright notice and this permission notice appear in supporting documentation. No representations are made about the suitability of this software for any purpose. It is provided "as is" without express or implied warranty.